Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, August 15, 2014

Sure...go ahead...open it.

Late yesterday afternoon we had a frog strangler with thunder and lightening like no other.  The mountains were obscured by rain clouds and it was coming down in buckets.  Because my partner is a weather nut, he wanted to stand outside on the elevated deck and watch.  I kid you not.  I think sometimes his common sense takes a day off.  With questionable weather in the mountains, you take shelter immediately, and lightening you most definitely do not play with.  No siree.  (If Brian and Benji are reading this they know what I'm talking about with their dad, and weather.)
And if you think I'm kidding about stuff he says and does, he just asked me if the little dissolvable detergent bubble things that go in the dishwasher "need to be opened first?"  I almost said "sure...go ahead... open it." Then he held up a long sleeved t-shirt (I made him buy), and said how glad he was he bought it.  Head bang.  Head bang. Head bang.  Sometimes he just slays me.                                      

The animal count continues and we have added chipmunks, geese, trout, and two onsite new dogs staying at the big house that just arrived.  One is a lab and no sooner was he out of the car, than he was in the river.  In out.  In out.  He simply cannot get enough and is beside himself with joy.  The second is a light brown lady boxer and water is clearly not her deal.  Not at all.  A sniff and a pat from us and she was gone, loping across the backyard.  

Lastly, I want you to know I was attacked (and survived) a moth ambush right after I turned out the light last night.  I freaked out so bad I jumped up, flipped on the light and started pounding the bed and throwing pillows around.  It was awful and why they chose me and not him, I'll never know.  The final body count was 4 and all I'm saying is, it just better not happen again tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment